After Using Hostinger for the last 7 months, I moved to a new host Today. So, I though to write down my Experience. Hostinger is a Web host on which my blog was hosted for last 7 months. Right now I consider switching back to Hostinger and use their paid hosting as they provide everything I need and for a better priceThrough the Article I’ll be focusing on its “Web Hosting” services only. As Hostinger Provides a Wide Range of services Ranging From Web Hosting, Domain name, Server, SSL etc.
Hostinger got my Attention through a Google Adwords advertisement while I was Searching For Free Web Hosting. The First thing Which got my Attention was Its Sign Up ease. Within a Few clicks You can Register with Your Facebook/Google Account. After This You can Log-in Using the same Account From the Home Page. And You can’t miss the Auto-Installer Feature with which you can Install various Scripts Such as WordPress, Joomla, Online E-Store Etc in a Single Click. Some of Its Prime Feature Includes :
Updated September 2, 2016. Hostinger’s representatives contacted me telling that my review is outdated. They offered a premium hosting account to test their services. Thus, this review was updated with my personal experience about their paid hosting.
Hostinger #1 Adding Your Domain
To Enjoy the Benefits of Hosting Such as File Manager, FTP, Web Mail Etc You need to Add your Domain to Hostinger. If you Buy a domain from Hostinger there is no need of modifications. But As I used a Net4 Domain I Needed to Make some Modifications before Starting. To Register Your Domain With Hostinger, You need to change some NS Records (If you are Not Using Domain name From Hostinger). After Pointing Your Domain NS Records to Hostinger’s You’ll be Ready to Go.
Hostinger #2 Professional Email : Web Mail
If you are Using a Email Like : Yourusername@gmail.com or Yahoo, Rediffmail or Any other, You can use a Professional Email of Your Domain name. For Example My Domain name was Hacknovations.org and I created a Web Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org which was 500GB in Storage <Not Bad !> and ready to send, receive Emails. And With Email Forwarding Feature you can let your Emails sent to Professional Email to your Personal Email Box. I used a Email Forwarding service which forwarded all my Emails from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hostinger #3 Auto Installer : Install Whatever You Like !
With the Auto Installer Available in the Dashboard you can Install any scripts you like on Your Domain. You can install nearly anything or any script available online. You can Install Popular CMS <Content Management System> such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Website Baker, Moodle and much more. The list of these further contain Forum, SEO tools, Community building Tools, Survey Tools and Photo And Files Managers. All of these could be Installed within a Click ! In one of my Articles I provided a complete tutorial about Making a Free WordPress Self Hosted Blog, In the Article also I used Hostinger’s services.
Hostinger #4 Instant Support and Help
It is said that If you are working on a Big goal you will face big obstacles. While maintaining my Website, I encountered several problems. It is very easy to get support on Your Problem through a Ticket system, You Start a Ticket send them a Question and They would answer you. Now the Question arises, In How much time would they Help ? The answer lies which account you have. If you have a Free account you would be replied in 3-4 days While If you are using any Paid service you would be replied in 1-4 Hours. After Your Problem Solves you can close the Ticket. Also the Knowledge base Contains answers to some Questions users have already asked, Half of your problems would already be solved there.
Hostinger #5 Free Hosting VS Premium Hosting
Hostinger Offer Free As well as Premium hosting Options. The Difference is of course deducted and added in terms of Features. You can look in the Snapshot below, the difference in the features below <Fig 1.1>. It is always advisable to use Shared Hosting <Premium> or <business>.
Hostinger #6 Online Website Builder
If you not Interested in Building a Blog or such thing, then you can Build a Website online using zyro Website Builder. It is drag and Drop system and very easy to use. You can select from a vast range of services. And then Edit text, Add Images and Publish it when your are Ready. It is basically for Users who want to create a single business page of their choice.
- You can get a free domain, free hosting and start a website completely free of cost.
- You have access to awesome web-services like MySql database and much more.
- The customer support replies within 4 hour if you’ve purchased a premium service.
- The auto-installer makes it very easy to get your site started
Hostinger cons :
- A lot of readers are not satisfied with hostinger , the majority of them report that they are poor in customer support. Over the time I’ve used their services and noticed that they are really poor in customer support and help.
- Update : Their customer support improved a lot! It seems that they focus on paid hosting as I submitted several tickets and got replies within 1 hour. That’s awesome knowing how many clients they have. Probably they hired quite a few guys to keep up with growing user base. Support was helpful and answered all my technical questions in a timely manner.
- With the time and server load the number of “Internal server error” keeps increasing. This is quite irritating and can demote your site reputation.
- Update : Their paid hosting is better than the free one. That’s a fact. As support guy told me, in order to provide quality service, they keep paid and free clients on separate servers. I managed to run several CMS installations on a single hosting account and did not get any “Internal Server Errors” or other server side errors.
- There is no malware scan, although they scan your website for phishing scripts. Still, I upload several nulled scripts but they weren’t able to find them out.
- Update : I was proven wrong. They do have malware scanner. Although, it may be possible to upload nulled scripts, you cannot do the same with malware / infected files. Their virus scanner works 24/7 and if you upload anything fishy, files will be deleted in no time.
- Site loading time is quite slow. Despite of my emails to support, they weren’t able to find out what was wrong.
- Update : At first, I was not happy with their loading speed. I contacted support staff and they moved my account (it took 1 hour for them) to a different server which is closer to my location (it seems that hey have servers all around the world!). I can clearly see the difference as my web is now blazing fast. Combine that with CDN like CloudFlare and you have top notch hosting for a reasonable price.
Final Words (Updated) : I feel that their business model and attitude towards clients has changed and they now focus on providing the best hosting service for paid clients. If you liked reading the Article then You should sign up and give Hostinger a Try. Overall Hostinger is An Affordable yet Effective Web Host. If you Planning to Start a Blog and need a Web Host, You can use Hostinger. You can First try making a Free Website at Hostinger then Upgrade it to a better plan If you wish to. I used the Free plan in the First 3 Months when I moved to WordPress. Later on I Upgraded to the Shared Hosting Package. Right now I consider switching back to Hostinger and use their paid hosting as they provide everything I need and for a better price. I Would like to know your Opinions, Views about the Article. Your Comments motivate me a lot. You can Leave down your Precious views in the comments Below.